Skip to main content

Three Reasons For Hair Loss

Hair Loss has become a big problem for many people. Both men and women are suffering from hair loss due to many reasons. The top three reasons are:

1.  Stress

2. Iron deficiency

3.  Hormonal.



You ask yourself "how can I control stress"?  Find something you can do or say when you start feeling stressed out. For example you might want to take 10 to 15  out of your day to stretch, exercise or meditate. Reflect on all the good things in your life.  Sing, dance, laugh! Think about all you have accomplished thus far. You will feel better.

Iron deficiency can be corrected by taking vitamins or eating green vegetables like spinach and bok Choy. These two vegetables are  rich in minerals and vitamins, iron, beta carotene, folate and vitamin C, they help to keep hair follicles healthy and scalp oils circulating.

As women get older our hormones get out of balance. This causes  mood swings, weigh gain, hair loss just to mention a few things.  Try getting more sleep, change your diet, avoid alcohol and caffeine and  artificial sweeteners.  Exercise at least three times per week.   Again, try to reduce your stress level. Last but not least, see your Doctor if you have questions or concerns.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Cornrow For Beginners

Beginners Step-by-Step Guide - How to Cornrow Your Hair What Are Cornrows Cornrows are a flat plait originating from Africa and the Caribbean. As you may have guessed, the name comes from their appearance, similar to rows of cane or corn. How To Create a Cornrow Braid To create the style, start by dividing one to two inches of hair from the top into three parts. Cross the right section underneath the middle one, then do the same with the left section. Now pick up hair from the sides, adding them to your strands before repeating the weaving process. Keep doing this until you reach the ends of your hair and secure it with a hairband. Remember not to leave any hair in the middle. Otherwise, you’ll end up with a standard Dutch braid instead. You don’t have to worry about cornrow styles damaging your hair. In fact, it’s quite the opposite. Cornrows are a great option if you’re looking for a protective hairstyle or even to do a braid out. You just have to remember to be gentle with your hair...

Getting my hair done as a little girl

There is nothing like getting your hair done!  Ever since I was a little girl, I loved getting my hair done.  I could remember on Sundays my mother calling me while I was playing outside with my friends to tell me it was time to get my hair done.  Back in the day, it was an all day ordeal.  When you are young, black and without a relaxer, getting your hair done can be painful.  Nevertheless, I didn't mind.  I knew that I had to stand on a chair because I was too short to reach the sink.  Bend over, then stick my head under the running faucet.  That was my weekly ritual! Since we didn't have a blow dryer or hair dryer back in the day, my Mom would towel dry my hair, section it into 4 or 6 sections then braid it.  I was left to run free until my hair dried. Once my hair dried, here came the pressing comb and grease .  Even though I had the utmost trust in my Mother, I still squirmed and held my ears back when I felt the heat near my fac...

How to keep your Hair Style Beautiful while working out

Many of us Ethnic women don't like to work out because we don't want to lose that fresh Beauty Salon Look that we paid $50.00 or more for.  We allow ourselves to get out of shape for the sake of our hair-do.  When you can't style your own hair and you rely soley on your Hairstylist, it can be tramatizing when after working out for 30 minutes doing the cha cha in zumba class, you look in the mirror only to see that your hairstyle went flat! You ask yourself. What is a girl to do?  How can I exercise and still look my best for work or school? The Gym wrap Well here are a few tips and suggestions that will help you keep that hair-do: 1.  If you are wearing a wrap style, wrap your hair and place a multi-style headband cap on your head to protect your hair.  Your hair may be a little damp after working out.  Allow it to dry completely,  then comb it down and style. (Your hair will not be frizzy). You can also wear a gym wrap which will absorb al...